kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

shouldnt that be adequate space for your beardie? nt

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by STARMOM on October 17, 2002 at 21:43:48:

In Reply to: Re: yes, actually I am aware of the space requirements....... posted by Raymond Moreno on October 17, 2002 at 21:22:39:

:Thanks, Sue.

:And don't worry, I love to read LOOOOOONG threads...as long as they are "intelligable," and written well. (As are yours).

:Anyways, here's a picture of the temporary enclosure for my beardie. And if you look real close, you'll see how tint he really is!!

:Oh, and by the way...I made this cage as well. (Eighty dollars for the glass aquarium [which is 4x2x2], and about $40.00 dollars for the wood at "Home Depot").

:Enjoy.

:In Christ: Raymond

::before I got my first herp, I was doing alot of reading about bearded dragons and leopard geckos. I origionally fell in love with old world chameleons, I kept seeing those cute little green babys in my local exotic shop and decided to do some information gathering.........

::Chameleons for as cool as they are dont fit my bill.......I used to have dogs, cats and birds before my first daughter was born but she was very allergic to furry critters, so for years we had none. I really ENJOY pets that I can interact with and TOUCH and HOLD, I soon found out that you cant do that with chameleons. Also I was reading that they were not really a good beginning herp keepers pet.......

::we got our chinese mantids (tendora sineosis) and I enjoyed him so much (very interactive insect) that I got serious about adding more critters to our collection (my hubby NOT thrilled)
::I met Dale the 2 y.o. leopard gecko at my local pet shop, was healthy, and tame but alittle beat up from the girls in his old home and was just sold back to the pet shop it was love as soon as he hit my hand, he is a love.........

::Then I added the two baby jungle leopard gecko girls and at that time met abbys dad and abby , and HAD to have her.

::but then I got that annual edition of reptile magazine with allan R's crested article and this is alot of info on bearded dragons and they seem so much the personality that I and my daughters enjoy....(my girls love the critters as much as their mom) Having herps is great, so different that the average persons pet, def. a conversation piece...I have had friends come over and meet my big guy dale the leopard gecko and be totally freaked out at first and even "scared" if you can imagine, but he "wins" them over every time and next thing you know they want to pet him and then hold him etc.......so cool!

::anyway I could babble on forever, your dragon is so cute.....

::Im sure I will not come home empty handed......
::I have my eye on a 55 gal tank that has glass front and back and screen sides and top for around 100, I will have to get my hubby to build me a stand with shelves and a door for all my extra herp supplies, one for my future beardy and one for abby and her mate someday in the future......
::thanks for sharing your photo.....

:::Hey Sue,

:::I just received a pure, LEUCISTIC DRAGON, from Kevin, at "Dragon's Den Herps".

:::He has officially been dubbed, "Barnabas," and is EXACTLY 5-weeks old.

:::They are sooooooooo different from each other (in personality and actions), but are also sooooooooooo cool!!

:::If you decide to go this route, you will not be disappointed. But remember, they will grow into a 4Wx2Dx2H enclosure to be comfortable when older. (Space is the name of the game).

:::Decisions, decisions!!

:::In Christ: Raymond

::::in white plains, I got a call that they (work) is looking for someone to take off that sunday (nov 3) and that is the weekend of the show..........

::::I recently had a bearded dragon dream, I think that they are also very cool.......been pondering adding one to my collection of critters..........

::::I know some of you also have dragons...........

::::Want a mate for abby but am gonna wait until she is bigger and im sure she is a she...........

::::yipee!
::::sue

:::
:::

::
::

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]