kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Free Roaming Crickets

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by STARMOM on October 13, 2002 at 16:05:23:

In Reply to: Free Roaming Crickets posted by KimH on October 13, 2002 at 14:06:04:

Abby is not a big eater period! not like the leopard geckos that hunt down the crix......

I have occasionally seen her eat them, i leave crix food and they also eat the baby food so they arent looking to nibble on abby....

she comes out everyother day and nibbles some baby food off my finger and i leave a dish that doesnt seem to get eaten very much, lick lines every so often that are obvious.....

I also leave some day gecko food until the crested diet is available all over, the crix also seem to enjoy it and its probably not a bad gutloading for them either.

can relate......
sue

:It seems that when I drop crickets into the Crested's enclosure I can do a *head count* two days later and still find the same amount in there :( I am also offering baby food. Do any of you put the crickets in some kind of open container inside the enclosure to make sure the crickets stay in one place?
:Sorry for the newbie question..I am used to my snakes grabbing prey as soon as they smell it :) These cuties are so incredibly different..I am hooked :)

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]