kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

so sorry for your loss : ( nt

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by starmom on May 01, 2003 at 22:03:21:

In Reply to: I lost both my little babies............. posted by DogStar on May 01, 2003 at 20:01:26:

:Well i posted here a couple months ago about two baby cresties that I got who were sick. I had named them Phobos and Demos. Phobos was always bigger and healthier looking even though he had a seizure.
: Well I did take them to the vet and she confirmed that they did have MBD. I started the treatment prescribed (High protien diet and neocalglucon, increased heat and full spectrum lighting) and they began to go downhill. First Demos went from 5 grams to 4 then 3 then 2. I made the decison that day to put him down the next (I'm a vet tech I was going to take him to work) but he was dead the next morning. Phobos seemed ok for a while, not losing weight but not gaining either, but last night his righting reflex was really slow and his back legs weren't working all that great. He also had shed all over that he was just leaving there, so this morning I put him to sleep. I am so sad, I tried everything, spent so much money on them, I feel like I failed them. But I know there is not any more I could have done they were just too sick to begin with.

:I just wanted to share, and thank Mike Cosica for all his help.

:I do have to 11 month old girls and a male on the way in June that I am pretty excited about. Too bad they will not eat CGD!

:Thanks!

:DogStar

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]