kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

thx mike, nice bird, i like the color. n/p

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by falconer44 on April 22, 2003 at 14:43:12:

In Reply to: ooo now we are posting bird pics =)......... posted by mikecoscia on April 21, 2003 at 21:16:00:

:Birds are amazing animals and very high up on the intelligence ladder. Since you have a falcon you should know that already though =). I have a little experience working with large and small parrots. Everyone here gave great advice. Since they are smart you need to give them toys galore in order to keep them occupied when you are not around. On that note being with your bird is the most precious in the world to it (once it bonds with you). Parrots live in large flocks and they thrive off the companionship of there owner. So bring him (assuming it’s a he) everywhere you go in the house (long as it’s safe) does not matter where or what you doing, he only cares that he is with you. It is one of the best things for a happy well-behaved bird. Oh don’t know it you read this, but keep him far away from the kitchen when cooking. Tefalon and ovens give off fumes when heated that birds are very sensitive too. They can die rather quickly from it, so just a heads up if you haven’t heard about it. Anyway I hope you decided to get him, he derseves a spoiled life =).
:-Mike

:p.s. The pic above is my tiel Onyx, one of the sweetest birds you will ever see =)

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]