kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Old School never dies

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by Allen Repashy on April 16, 2003 at 10:13:27:

In Reply to: I can hear you plenty well... posted by Amanda E on April 14, 2003 at 10:33:52:

Hi Amanda,

You need to take everything said on here with a grain of salt. Some people insist that a cricket based diet is better than the CDG, but I find it funny that they haven't raised anything on it to make the claims that they do. They are also missing the point.

You get a lot of IMHO replies on here, and thats exactly what they are.. opinions.. they are usually not based on anything but someones pre concieved judgements, and are not based on any comparitive analysis what so ever.
How can someone say that one method is better than another if they have not raised animals through reproduction with both methods?
I know that in the end, everyone has good intentions and that the health of the animals is everyone's primary concern, but I don't see how people can comment on things they don't know.

I have also said that there is nothing wrong at all with a cricket based diet and that my diet is healthy alternative for people who do not want to deal with crickets, or want to feed along with crickets. I have done the research and comparisons, and everyone who has taken the time has had similar results...

I would post more on this subject and challenge more comments on here, but I am afraid I would just look like a pimp trying to sell my foods, and that is not my intention. Time will tell, and I am a patient man...:)

Good luck, Allen

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]