kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: THEY ARE TO YOUNG TO ACCURATLY SEX

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by azteclizard on April 09, 2003 at 18:04:23:

In Reply to: THEY ARE TO YOUNG TO ACCURATLY SEX posted by Gecko_King on April 09, 2003 at 11:54:00:

Before you go and post the breeders web site you should have resolved it with him first. The person you bought your leachies from (if it was giantgeckos.com) happens to be one of the most respected lizard breeders in the world. He practically authored the entire Herpetocultural Library series (the AVS Books). If I were you, I would feel confident you got the right sexes.
-Bill
::well here i am i bought a pair male and female. supposed to be 8 months old each one is 5 inches the other 2 inches. how big before i can sex them. i was told you can tell at 2 inches that is why i payed 800.00 for the 2.
::please help me with this answer
::i hope no one else ships animals with hand-warmer heatpacks either
::i am not mad i am just disappointed that someone has to lie to make a sale and i went to return them he wouldnt take them back.

:I REMEMBER THOSE GECKO'S UP FOR SALE THROUGH KINGSNAKE. I WAS INTERESTED IN THEM MYSELF. FROM THE PHOTO, IT WOULD BE ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO TELL THE SEX OF THEM. AT THAT AGE, A MALE MAY BE SHOWING SIGNS BUT A FEMALE WOULD BE DIFFICULT TO TELL FOR SURE. GIVE THEM SOME MORE TIME. THE PROBLEM IS THAT YOU MIGHT THINK THAT THEY ARE A PAIR, THEN ALMOST OVERNIGHT, YOUR FEMALE MAY START TO SHOW SIGNS OF BEING A MALE.
:THE SELLER SHOULD NOT HAVE SOLD THEM AS A 1.1 PAIR. THEY ARE TO YOUNG. I HOPE THAT THEY DO TURN OUT TO BE A PAIR. CAN YOU TELL IF ONE IS A MALE AT THIS TIME?
:DAVID

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]