kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Just finished my new leachie tank. :o) (pic)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by obeligz on September 29, 2002 at 15:21:44:

In Reply to: Re: Just finished my new leachie tank. :o) (pic) posted by Gecko_King on September 29, 2002 at 14:32:39:

Thanks. :o)
I'd still like to try to house them toghether though. I held back about 10 of my mouring gex hatchlings for the purpose of this experiment. At this point there is no no way I can collect them back from the tank, there are possibly over 100 hides for the mouring gecko hatchlings in there. I also think that the mouring gecko hatchlings will be too small for the leachies to identify them as prey (for now). Mouring geckoes are very adaptable and I think that it it possible for them to learn to dodge the leachies by the time they grow up. Even if a single animal learns to outsmart the leachies it would be enough to keep the colony going since they are a parthenogenetic species.
The other thing is that the [CF] darkmorph leachies that live in the tank are strictly nocturnal whereas the mouring gex can be active uring the day too.

I had another experiment housing R. chahouas toghether with come pretty nice stick insects but that one failed. The stick insects were of the more active kind and were all eaten within a week..
Maybe the mouring gecko-leachie project will not work eighter but I think that there's a small chance that it might. That's why I want to try it out.
regards
obeligz

:Awesome cage, the Leachies will love it. The only problem is the other geckos in the cage. I had kept a couple of Leachies in with a couple of Cresteds for a little while. Only a little while because One of the leachies (which was only slightly larger) ate one of my Cresteds. Gecko's eat all kinds of things, especially Leachies.
:Good luck
:David

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]