kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: You are so cool! Thanks Ray.........NT

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by STARMOM on September 29, 2002 at 08:45:58:

In Reply to: RHAC BOOK FOLLOW-UP posted by Raymond Moreno on September 28, 2002 at 03:25:47:

:Well Sue,

:to tell you the truth, the book is pretty technical. And since I believe it was originally published in German, I can "taste" a hint of the translation. (Or should we say, "transliteration")?

:And if you are expection a whole buncha information on just cresties...you won't find it. It covers all of the RHACODACTYLUS species, and not just the "Ciliatus". (Our beloved cresty's).

:But I have heard from a couple of sources that someone is in the final stages of writing a detailed book specifically on the cresty's...and I beleieve it might be Allen Rapashy. (Am I right Allen)?

:If that's the case, you're kinda tight on the "shekels," and you are not really interested in obtaining a great reference library on cresty's...then wait for this new book to come out.

:I'm not saying that it's not a good book. It's just that IT IS NOT a "cresty-specific" book, hence you may be disappointed in spending that amount of money on it, only to find the pages evenly shared with the "other" Rhacodactylus brother's.

:Hope this helped, Sue. (And any other's that may be reading my "psycho-babble").

:In Christ: Raymond

:.::Hey guys,

:::thanks for all the help and leads. (My "favourites list" for sellers of reptile literature is growing by the minute)!!

:::I ended-up finding the same book at "East Bay Vivarium" (in Berkeley), for $45.00. (Which satisfied my need to have it NOW...as well as being able to support/patronize my local reptile shop).

:::Thanks again...and the book is turning-out to be very informative. (About ALL of the "Rhacodactylus" species).

:::In Christ: Raymond

::::Hey guys,

::::a few posts ago, someone posted a link to a website called "Trempers Lizard Ranch". These folks were supposed to sell the "Rhacodactylus" book for the "nice price" of $37.50...shipped to your door.

::::But I have e-mailed these guys a few times, over a few different days, and they have not responded to me.

::::So if someone does not answer their e-mails in regards to a sale, then I do not feel comfortable with their customer service!! (Blah, ka-pooie, thhhhhhhhhhhh)!!!!!

::::So does anyone know who sells this book for a decent price?

::::Between "Barnes & Noble," and "Amazon.com," they're averaging between $150.00 to $60.00!! (Waaaaaay too expensive).

::::So if someone can post A LINK to a site that is "reputable," has good customer service, answers their e-mails promptly, and has a fair price...I'de appreciate it.

::::Thanks, folks!!

::::In Christ Raymond

:::
:::

::
::

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]