kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Thanks Raymond... read

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by leprachaun13 on March 30, 2003 at 20:06:51:

In Reply to: Thanks Raymond... read posted by Allen Repashy on March 30, 2003 at 19:30:22:

Allen,

Here's my feedback so far from my rhacs. I was a little hesitent to post my feedback so soon though, as I've only been able to use the food for a short while, but I realized I'm indebted to you for the food, so I might as well help youi out sooner rather than later.

My adult Leachianus were both uninterested with the food at first. I'm assuming this is because I tried giving the formula unsweetened (w/o any pureed fruit) as I thought I may as well give it a go. The next day I mixed a little into the fruit mix in an attempt to conceal the taste. Gradually I've been adding alittle more each night, and not only does it seem like they don't mind it, but it also helps to thicken up my fruit puree (I make my own fruit mix instead of babyfood). Right now I'm kind of kicking myself though, as I can see an obvious weight gain in both animals, but didn't take their weights before the introduction of the formula. So I can't really tell you exactly how much weight they've put on. Sorry, bad lab technique I guess.

My sub-adult Auric is a totally different story though. It's only been interested in crickets since the moment I received it, and although that helps with proper growing and such, I really want to get rid of those crickets. So, since there's no interest (even with the fruit mix) I decided to make my own path. I've been covering the crickets in a thickened form of the formula (almost 1:1 ratio of water to powder), kind of like a paste in an effort to stir up interest. And although the gargoyle won't eat the formula on it's own, he/she will readily take it when propostioned with it outside it's enclosure.

Back to the Leachianus for a moment, I have totally eliminated crickets from their diet, and they've been holding and gaining weight for the past week or so. So... that's a definite victory.

Well, thank you for this unique opportunity. I'm happy to help, and if you have any questions, feel free to email me from the contact button at the top.

Thanks again

Ian

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]