kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Reintroduced Siamese Crocodile exhibits first time nesting . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

just start feeding the crested gecko diet..n/p

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by josh06 on March 23, 2003 at 08:58:26:

In Reply to: Aha Success at last posted by MarthaStewart on March 22, 2003 at 23:25:28:

:FOr the past few weeks one of my baby crested geckos had been going on a food strike and wouldn't climb glass or anything and for a while she been getting skinnier and skinnier till her belly was half the size of the width of my little finger. WELL!!!! anyway i finally setup an appointment with the vet for next week and in the meantime, i decided to change the terrarium set-up and see if that would make any difference. I keep both of my babies in a 10 gallon tank with coconut husk thingos as bedding and basically one side of the tank is all about live plants while the other is like a plain roaming ground i guess with a food and water dish. For circkets i took them out to a separate cage where there werent any loose substrate. I rearranged it now so that its got live plants at both ends of the tank but in the center, i buried an uncles bens plastic rice bowl in the middle (if u dont know, its got like a 2 bowls in one deal, so i can easily take the top one out to clean and then simply place it back in the larger bowl embedded in the ground). I put a stick over the bowl for them to spot their crickets below and launch their attack etc etc. FINALLYY!! success, the very little one must have eaten at least 12 or 13 pinheads and then straight afterwards, shedded his skin and then ran around the glass like crazy. Its been a few days now but its grown a lot faster and now is nearly the same size as his cagemate. About food competition, i put more than enough crickets in the bowl so that both can get a good feed and as for the supposed hides, each gecko goes to its own side of the tank :) so voila happy ending, thank u all that have helped, veyr muc appreciated, i will post pics once i figure out the damn picture contraption.

:oh p.s. whats the tip to keeping baby crickets? i like have to go back to petco every 2 days just to refill on baby crickets because half of them die the next day

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]