kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

you are right mike but......

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by krusty on March 07, 2003 at 14:34:46:

In Reply to: easy there...... posted by mikecoscia on March 07, 2003 at 10:00:17:

I put this on for the rhac lovers on here to see something that I was proud of, and something that I had not seen before. I knew that the picture was hard to believe so in turn I wrote that it was not altered(knowing full well that there would be doubters out there). I did not use photoshop or any other photo altering device. I used my digital camera which does lighten every thing up, but in no way enhanced any of the beauty of this animal. I find it idiotic for someone to say that I did this and this to the picture.If you think that the red has bleed over im sorry that my gecko is not outlined in black and her red color bled over the lines, but I will be happy with her just the same.If you examine all 3 pictures you will notice that the so called bleed over is in the exact same spots in all 3 pictures. I must be an amazing artist to do that. You also said the lighting up of the gecko compared to the darkness of the rest of the picure???? The only thing I can suggest on that is that the flash hit the gecko more than the plant in the background, but I dont see what your talking about. I also find it amazing that there are people who can sex a crested gecko at 4 months, but thats ok also. Its America. If there are people out there that want to see my pictures I will share, but keep negative comments to yourself. I am sorry for calling you an idiot whoever you are out there. I just got a little miffed that there was a scientific expedition into the authenticity of my photo. I do have a wife and friends that could vouch for it, but that would not change anyones mind. Thanks to all those that liked the photos and I will put more of my 50 or so crested for you to enjoy. I have to leave now cause im going to Tampa to buy more.:Everyone has the right to voice his or her own opinion. There is absolutely no need for name-calling. The picture does look slightly exaggerated but its prob do to lighting conditions, the angle and flash, etc.
:-Mike
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]