kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Thanks Ian...........

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by mikecoscia on February 28, 2003 at 18:35:37:

In Reply to: Good Show Mike, >>> posted by Leprachaun13 on February 28, 2003 at 14:27:19:

Yeah Reptivite really is not a good product; it just has too much vitamin A. Then Rep-Cal of course like I said has too much D3, and the utilization of oral D3 is debatable. Natural synthesis when it occurs like beta-carotene to A or UVB to D3 is preferred. However nocturnal animals (like our cresties), prob do not need intense UVB radiation like basking lizards to do make their D3. So you only need a small oral amount to help metabolize calcium properly.

As far as a sole product to use, I really have not found one yet (might have tho, keep reading), and I have tried everything. Back in the stone age when there really were no reptile “health” products I just used crushed Centrum tablets (yes human multivitamins).

Herptivite is a good product, but it lacks calcium/D3 and is supposed to be mixed with Rep-Cal. However like I said it has too much D3, so I used to dilute it with bone meal (can find it at any health shop, I leave dishes of it in their cages too during the breeding season).

Miner-All has been my favorite thus far. I use it every other feeding during the week and then use Herptivite once during the weekend. Miner-All was the closest to a stand alone product but I added Herptivite to the routine to make up for the tiny things that the other was missing or low on.

Very recently I have tried herpnutrition.com’s low D3 formula. I have to say by far it is the best stand along vitamin supplement. We have also been using there MBD powder on those two baby auric’s we rescued from the last show. They are really making good progress. One of them has made a full come back with his skull hardening and tail straightening out. The other was more severe with a twisted spine, but he too is doing much better. So from the results of that product I recommend their other products over all the others. =)
-Mike

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]