kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

I thought you said ..............

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by Gecko2525 on February 25, 2003 at 15:57:07:

In Reply to: Re: You mean.............. posted by mikecoscia on February 25, 2003 at 15:22:41:

I thought you said to what till spring for the barking female. You TOLD ME to try the other female. I did actually what you told me to do. I left Venus alone (the one who laid) and put Drako in with my 'other' female Rayne. I asked you and you say that was fine.

I've had them for 3 months. Isn't that enough time for them not be stressed??? I thought it was enough.

:

:
:Liz,
:You really should have waited until the summer to breed these guys like I originally recommended you to. The most likely reason why the one girl laid one egg and the other none was because of the move. They were stressed and are still trying to get used to their new homes. I know they where gravid when you bought them, but that was the breeders careless mistake. Whatever eggs they laid great, incubate them, but you really should have given them a longer rest to get over the stress of the whole thing. It is prob the most likely reason why they are all out of whack.

:Anyway yes the geckos can retain the sperm for the entire season. A few copulations over a period of a few nights is all she needs. In about 30-40 days she will lay a clutch and repeat it every 30-40 days until she is done for the season. Fist year females may lay as few as 3 clutches. As they get older they will max our around 16 and lower as they get older. Either way once they stop laying they give them a break till next year. Making them lay over and over will prob just shorten their lifespan. It is a lot of work making those eggs…lol. Good luck with that one egg.
:-Mike

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]