kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Some "newbie" Crestie questions...please take a look....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by Leo Lover on February 24, 2003 at 18:36:25:

First of all I would just liek to say HI to all of you on this forum. Some of you may recognize me from the leopard gecko forum. I have always wanted a crested gecko, and I have been doing some research before I get one and if I ever do get one. I was hoping that someone on this forum could answer the questions that I have that I did not find my answers to. Thank You for all your help, and I will continue to read the forum as well. :o)

1. What substrate is used best to keep the humidity up?

2. How many times a day/night should their enclosures be misted?

3. What kind of brand and also dimensions will be suitable for one crested?

4. How large do they get?

5. Are they easily prone to illnesses?

6. What do they need for a heating element? What specific temperature do you all keep yours at? I've read anywhere between 70-80.

7. Do they fare better alone or in a pair? Like 2 females?

8. Which morph of crestie are the ones that are really really yellow, but almost have just a hint of light orange? I think those are soooo pretty.

9. Where did all of you get your crested geckos? What are the price ranges?

Garrick from Crested Gecko lives about 3 or so hours away from my house and I was thinking that mayeb I'd take a trip over to his house someday if I am still thinking of getting one.

Last but not least if any of you have pictures of your setups/enclosures, I would greatly appreciate it if you could please post the pics so I get an idea of how their enclosure should look, and also give them dimensions of your enclosure and how many cresties you have.

Thank You for taking the time to answer my questions. Sorry if I asked too many. Like I said I am just asking questions that arose when I was doing my research.
Leo Lover

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]