kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

UPDATE on aggressive male: **SUCCESS!!!**

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by Gecko2525 on February 23, 2003 at 16:45:48:

Sorry so long.

This weekend I put my male in with my 'other' female. Turn off all the lights and watched from a distance.
With in the first half an hour he bit her AGAIN right in the head and she squeeled (which I thought was her)!! Frustrated I took her out and made sure she was all right. Then that same noise I thought was her...came form Drako (male). It sounded like a very angry hamster or something. So I'm not sure if it was him or the females doing the noise before.
Anyway...I took a chance and put here back in. Plus, I cranked the temp in my room to a rosting 77 - 79 F. An hour later he walked up to her bit her in the neck. The female didn't move or make a noise, either did Drako. He began to climb on top of her. She moved a little bit forward and then stopped. He quickly flip his butt around and they started to mate.
I was SO THRILLED!! Worried still I waited up ALL night and didn't get to sleep until 5:00am. LOL Every noise I was out of my bed to make sure everything was fine. There was no noises through out the night. In the later morning I woke up and checked on them, they were laying together and she had her head on his body. It was SSsoooo cute.

So I have no idea what the fuss was about earlier??
Anyways he woke her up at like 3:00pm today and started to make his move AGAIN!! The poor girl. :(

Anyway...I am very happy....but he is walking around licking himself you know where and it is in and out all the time.
Is this normal?

And how long should I leave him in there?? To make sure she has his sperm.

He is still in there now and I haven't heard any noise since that one time last night. I'm not getting my hopes up though. Things might go back to the way they were next weekend. lol

Thanks!
Liz

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]