kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: It just happens, Jesse's dropped from fear....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by falconer44 on February 23, 2003 at 10:35:51:

In Reply to: It just happens, Jesse's dropped from fear.... posted by starmom on February 23, 2003 at 06:09:31:

Thats what my crested looks like now. No tail. :(

:he was only home a few days I was handeling him, he jumped out of my hands and ran under a closet door and when we spotted him and my daughter went to grab him he dropped his tail......
:was very traumatic for us, he is just fine!
:took me awhile to adjust to his tailless look...
:sue

::my crested dropped its tail today for seemingly no reason, so i guess that there is nothing you can do to avoid those incidents

::

::::Well, dont grab them by the tail, that is an obvious one, but a good rule to go by. If you do grab them by the tail, they will surly drop it. I also dont recommend restraining the gecko, that may make them drop it too. Also, dont scare it, that is another reason why they drop their tails. Are those the cresteds that were on the classifieds? They are some good looking fires.
:::Thanks for the advice. I figured the same stuff but you always hear of geckos droping tails for no reason from people. Yes those are the ones that where on kingsnake a few days ago.

::::

:::::OK I was wondering how do you aviod cresties from losing their tails. I mean after paying top dollar for a beautiful animal. What steps should one take to ensure that an animal stays healthy and intact. These are my two newest additions

:::
:::

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]