kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Help! silly cresteds...are my eggs OK?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by mikecoscia on February 17, 2003 at 10:02:33:

In Reply to: Help! silly cresteds...are my eggs OK? posted by milogurl on February 16, 2003 at 23:17:14:

The eggs most likely are no good. Try putting them in the incubator and candling them in a few days, but I honestly doubt they will hatch. I suggest that you remove all substrate from their cage and just leave it bare or use paper towels. Then make a nest box, which the geckos will go to lay. Not only is it safer (no ingestion of substrate while feeding) it is much easier to find the eggs (just check the nest box everyday).

You mentioned that they where laid in a puddle of water. Are you spraying too much? Also what happened with the other eggs; just did not hatch or where infertile? The female will prob need a break soon too. After 6 months she should have laid around 12 eggs. If this is her first year (if not she can prob lay another 2 clutches) you should separate her from the male and give her a rest till next season.
-Mike

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]