kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Tips for aggressive male towards female well breeding. HELP!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by Gecko2525 on February 10, 2003 at 09:26:24:

Female has breed before (15 months)
Male has never breed (1 year)

I placed my female in with my male last night and things were fine at first. He knew she was there and didn't do anything. In about 20 minutes he walked over and bit her right on the nose. She was squeeling and shaking like crazy. I just left them and hoped she was okay. He let go after awhile and walked away. She started to move around the tank about 10 minutes after that and Drako even walked by her a few times. Then 20 minutes later he walk right up to her again and bit her right in the eye! She again squeeled and shook. This time he was pulling her skin and I could see HIS eyes were pressed in like he was biting hard! I opened the lid and poked Drako because I feared for her eye. He let go and I took the female out to check out her eye. It was fine, but she was a little scared. I put her back in her own tank and left her there for the night. I think this weekend I'll put him in her cage. This way he may not be so territorial (as Mike suggested). If Drako is still doing this I'm not sure what to do.

Is this normal???
Is it because he has never breed and doesn't know what to do?
What can I do and tips? eg. temps or different cage all together

Any help would be great!

Thanks,
Liz

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]