kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT PLEASE???

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by Gecko2525 on January 26, 2003 at 16:29:18:

In Reply to: Does my male have aggressive mating behaviour towards female posted by Gecko2525 on January 24, 2003 at 10:17:03:

:The other day I took out each one of my cresteds, at separate times of course, and handled each female up to my male's glass, 'Drako'. He was most interested in my grey female 'Rayne'(15 months). So I put Rayne back in her home and took Drako out. Rayne went in her little paper towel roll, so I took her out again with her still in the tube. I placed them nose to nose (with Rayne still in the tube) and she licked him for a bit. Then I took them apart. Then back together again, she licked him again. Drako just sat there. The 3rd time I put them together breifly he licked her a couple of times then...BOOM...he bit her snout!!!! I already had this happen with another female with him biting her leg and I FREAKED out and made things worse because that female was squeeling. SO THIS time I didn't freak I just jumped. I put the tube on the floor and slowly my female backed out with Drako following her. As she exited the tube (with Drako still attached to her snout) she started squeeling really loud!!! I tapped Drako on the snout so he would let go. He didn't. So tapped a little harder and he let go. I put him back and looked at my fairly calm female's nose. There was no blood, but he bit hard enough to take some skin off of her nose.
:I felt really bad and I'm afraid to breed him for my female(s) sake. Is this normal mating behaviour???? Both females he has encountered he has made squeel with his bite!! My poor females would die in there with him!!

:Any help would be great!!!!
:Sorry this is so long.

:Thanks again,
:Liz

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]