mobile - desktop
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
News & Events:
Posted by obeligz on January 22, 2003 at 12:01:37:
In Reply to: WOO HOO (longish) posted by Plopflop on January 21, 2003 at 21:51:35:
This is may be a bit off topic but you mentioned you wanted vines galore.
I found a way to make your own vines, I find the comercial vines too expensive..
1. start off with some steel wire. bend it in half and twin the two parts.
2. grind up some dark cork
3. mix the cork wit 30% sand of appropriate color.
4. in a bowl mix vinegar-based silicone with the cork/sand mix until you get a sticky dough.
5. make a saucage out of the dough and hide the wire in it.
6. before silicone sets sprinkle some of the cork/sand mix on the vine.
7. let dry for 5-6 days.
Worked fine for me and looks good. ^_^
You can also make shelves and other structures out of the dough.
:i got a crestie my first i might add hes about 2 inches stv lenghth he is a bright fire with nice red colors he is soo cool although he jumps on my face a lot. i just got him today hes in a 20 gallon tall (thats just for now i will upgrade) with plants branches and vines gallore i havnt tried feeding him yet but will tommorow. hes so cool im in love how old would you say a 2 inch svl crestie is, just wondering cause it has no hemipeneal bulges and if its a femal i can get a male for cheaper to breed them. also if i breed a fire to a normal can i get some fires back?