kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Here...this is my mix...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by Lunar-reptiles on January 22, 2003 at 09:09:56:

In Reply to: Here...this is my mix... posted by Tegan on January 21, 2003 at 11:50:37:

I use a similiar mix to this but I also add fresh fruit like Mango and banana in it, just watch the citrus stuff. As mike pointed out once before, you should probably add the vitamins right before you feed, rather than freezing it. THey have a tendency to break down faster than the calcium.

Now to add to this debate:
I currently feed my cresties and aurics crix along with the babyfood mix. I have heard that there are some who feed a babyfood only diet, I'm not sure that I really agree with it but I do think it is a matter of personal preference. The only problem with it is that if you are feeding a babyfood only diet and you decide to sell the geckos or offspring of the geckos that are being raised like that MAKE SURE YOU TELL EVERY CUSTOMER. I have a feeling this was why I lost my first auric. I wasn't told till much later that the guy feeds a mostly babyfood diet. The pair that I have now are being kept the same as the first and the same as the cresties and all are thriving.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]