kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: About the whole Leachie thing.......

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by STARMOM on January 13, 2003 at 19:27:28:

In Reply to: About the whole Leachie thing....... posted by Clipso on January 13, 2003 at 18:34:59:

I tend to be stubborn too! I got into the lizard thing because I found myself facinated by veiled chams, every time I went into my local exotic shop to get supplies I HAD to watch them, then I startetd to research what was involved in keeping them well, and discovered that this was not an example of something for a beginner which I was at the time, also they DO NOT like to be held and we "really like to handle our pets, gently of course!" then I checked out the beginning lizard forum here and read and read and read, decided to start with a leo, that led to two more leos and my first cresty, then came the bearded dragon, and now the second cresty and the gargoyle......

Im also facinated by the leachie and I love the sheer size, but I think that im gonna have to hold off on that for awhile, its gonna be investment, between the housing,lighting, and the animal itself........do they HAVE TO have pinkies??? that would be another problem for me.

Anyway, its smartest to hold back those urges to "jump into" things in the long run its best for the animal and for us, its stressful, trying to juggle household bills because you spent you bill $$$ on critters and supplies... of course for the older folk here like me, we have all done it from time to time, he...he...he...he... Anyhow for me I would need LOTS more info before I would do it....

Take care and congrads on your, good sense!

sue

:I am sorry, I can be a bit stubbern headed. I am going to get some crested geckos first and then I will be on and looking for a good leachie breeder to get a leachie from. Right now I wanted to find and talk to people who have crested geckos and who can maybe find me a good breeder. Thanks guys and sorry i was so pig headed.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]