kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: my common sense would tell me.....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by Tegan on September 25, 2002 at 00:03:54:

In Reply to: Re: my common sense would tell me..... posted by STARMOM on September 24, 2002 at 22:31:03:

I've got a cheap little clip lamp from Home Depot with a 50 watt red reptile bulb (night buld I think from Zoo-Med, not sure though, that I bought at petco for like $8.00) It pretty much just sits on the glass, I don't like that but I have a new cage coming (that's in the mail now) that has a screen top so I wont have that problem anymore. The undertank heater (I use 11" heat tape) is hooked up to an Alife thermostat from Big Apple. The overhead is pluged directly into the wall. The top of the cage is 80 degrees, the warm side of the bottom is 80 degrees and the middle of the cage is anywhere from 70-75 depending on the room temp. It gives a nice little up down gradiant and a warm/cool side on the bottom also. The cage I have right now is 36" tall by 26" long by 18" wide. The new cage will be 48" tall by 24" long and wide. It'll be nice to give them a little more space and to be able to decorate it better. Hope all this is helpful. If you have a smaller cage then this I would try to find a lower wattage bulb or put the bulb on a thermostat also.

Tegan

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]