kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Please read.....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by falconer44 on January 02, 2003 at 18:30:54:

In Reply to: Please read..... posted by KofSeattle on January 02, 2003 at 17:37:29:

First off, thanks a million for your help. I plan on going and talking to the people in charge of the animals, show them a good care sheet or 2, and try again to get it fixed. If they don't do it, i will talk to the employee i know, and see if he can change it. If all that fails, i will try the photos,which will scare the crap out of them. I have complained before when the tell people about how leopard geckos normally go for 160 bucks. I also have listened in and corrected them when they tell customers wrong info. Once again thanks for the help.

:Hi,

:I have had battles of the same nature you are having on several occaisions. Want to do something about it? First go to http://spsac.com/ and see if there is any help there. I found all the names and email addresses that I needed to get things changed in my local Petco. Also, it seems to be fairly effective to walk into the store, make sure you are noticed by the staff, preferably managment, take some photos. They always want to know what you are doing :) Tell them, pictures for the pet store abuse web page and to be emailed to their corporate office. This works well. You can also threaten to talk with their perspective customers, politely of course. The most important thing is the delivery of your reptile super-hero speech which must be given first. You have to give the poor nin-com-poop's the benefit of the doubt right? Be calm, straight forward and kind with your words. Make sure they know that what they are doing is wrong, give them a good care sheet and let them know you won't go away. They should know these things, they sell the animals. Not only are they responsible for knowing how to take care of the animals, they are responsible for educating the people they sell them to! Let em know you will be back until things change and you won't go away. I assure you it will get results. If it's in WA, I would be happy to go personally and say howdy. I love a good debate and I am pretty scary lookin too:)

:Peace,
:K

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]