kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

I just know that I will be like a kid in a candy shop....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by STARMOM on January 01, 2003 at 10:36:37:

In Reply to: Re: what are the differences between cresties and aurics? posted by RhacsRsweet on January 01, 2003 at 10:18:16:

when we go to white plains, im bringing my camera, and my credit card! I cannot wait to see all of these critters in person!
Take care!
and thanks for your input!
Sue
:Aurics are smaller than cresties(5 or 6in maybe?). They are much fatter than cresties too. I've noticed that they can't climb as well as cresties either. That is probably because they are found in lower areas like shrubbery and low hanging branches in New Caledonia. Aurics have bigger teeth also. As for which is better at being handled ,that's hard to say. I heard they were more jumpy than cresties before I bought mine, but one of my aurics is extremely calm and will jump on your hand if you put it in his cage. The other is very jumpy, but I have cresteds more jumpy than he is. Someone also mentioned before in another post that theirs have a more fruit based diet. I was a little concerned that the aurics would be jumpy at first, but they are definately one of my new favorites

:

::the coloration of course, they are a similar size right?
::does the auric get "chubbier" than the adult crestie? and it appears the teeth are different........but the diet is esentially the same right?

::do the aurics seem to mind being handled? my kids and I love to "play" with all of our critters? they all come out once a day, this is why I didnt get the old world cham, they DONT enjoy being handled at all from what ive read.

::I hope all had a wonderful New Years Eve, some of our friends came over and we ate wondeful munchies and drank some amazing mimosa's.

::Take care!
::sue

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]