kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Another question on egg box. My female is digging now!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by Gecko2525 on December 24, 2002 at 11:33:06:

As you know I have a 1:1 ratio for my egg box and I am testing my egg box out now. Well, this morning I weighed the box because when I shook the egg box (NO EGGS IN IT) the perlite/verm. was loose not clumpy. Anyway.....the weight hasn't changed??? I know more water needs to be added. It isn't clumpy or anything, but you can still feel a tiny bit of water when you pinch the perlite, but nothing like what I had before. Should I use my instincts and add water or just go by what the scale reads??
I don't understand it because water evaporates and the box w/lid and NO holes has been sitting for 3 - 4 days so you would think the weigh would be off.

One more question: Since I have no holes do you think that could be a problem. I have checked the top of the lid everyday to see if there was too much humidity in the box, but there was just a light mist on the top. That is why I didn't add any holes. Is it okay that I don't have any holes? and I open the lid every week so the eggs can get fresh air.

**********My female is starting to stick her head in the nest box now. How many days do you think it will be before she lays?********

Sorry this is SOOooo Long!!
Thanks,
Liz

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]