kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Reintroduced Siamese Crocodile exhibits first time nesting . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: All Ohio Reptile Show coming up.....what to buy?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by meretseger on December 20, 2002 at 11:23:01:

In Reply to: All Ohio Reptile Show coming up.....what to buy? posted by RhacsRsweet on December 19, 2002 at 18:18:07:

About the ackies- they stay under a foot in length (which is good), and I wouldn't call any monitor 'super tame', not like a beardie anyway. Takes work. Awesome animals though! They're hard to find at the show, compared to import timors and niles and such.
More ideas? One word- Leachianus!

:The 28th this month is Ohio's major reptile show, and I am contimplating on what to buy. I'll have around $500-$600 by then to spend there, but I'm not sure what to buy.
:#1-I was thinking on a pair of yellow ackie monitors. They are really awesome even thought they aren't a gecko, and only get like 2 feet long! Super tame too!
:#2-Some aurics.
:#3-Some cresteds.
:#4-A few aurics and a few cresteds.
:#5-Any other ideas?
:#6- maybe some leopards.
:I'm really wanting the ackies, but they can be hard to get. Not only that, but they are like $200 a piece(worth it though). Just want to know what you guys think. Oh and if you don't know about the ackies check them out, they are swweeet.
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]