kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gecko . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - May 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - June 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Thanks...for you nice thoughts and relating....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by STARMOM on September 22, 2002 at 20:16:46:

In Reply to: Re: escape story with happy ending... posted by Raymond Moreno on September 22, 2002 at 16:29:11:

Thanks for understanding......
I was up at 5am and got home at 5pm and had to go to a union dinner, I would have been a total and complete wreck all day if I had not found her......one of my fellow nurses knows me and figured I might have "called in" being in distress over abbys dissapearance....

I put the "locking clip" on after my escapee was caught and had a nice long discussion with my older daughter about how we have to be REALLY CAREFUL about making sure this geckos lid is on correctly.......

It amazing how attached you get to these little critters, im not a gecko breeder just a simple hobbyist but I love my critters (one crested, three leopard geckos and three mantids) and my two kids of course...
Sue

:Wheeeeew...

:I know the feeling.

:My cresty is still "teeny-weeny"!! And since his cage is so large (and there are plenty of areas for him to hide in), sometimes I do not see him, and wonder if he has gotten out while I was cleaning his cage. (Cuz I walk back and forth to the garbage can and sink).

:But now that he is more comfortable with his surroundings (and me), he usually sleeps on top of one of the big leaves - right in the front part of the cage. (In my full view).

:But anyways...I'm glad to hear that you found you "lil baby".

:Close call.

:In Christ: Raymond

::Ohh, i hate that feeling of panic. It's even worse if you have a cat and one of your reptiles gets out. So glad you found him or her:)
::JIP

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]