kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Moods, misunderstandings, sharing info...........

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by gexfiles on November 08, 2002 at 14:32:47:

(sorry for the P. m. grandis pic, I couldn't help but share it, she is too cute and I wanted to lighten the mood a bit :)

As the top of the forum states, I am generalizing of course, this forum is about sharing info. Sometimes, written words can be misinterpreted, taken personally, etc. Whether that is the writer's intention may not be 100% known, but we have to remain objective and keep moving and give people the best info possible.

Many of you don't know me (Trace) from a hole in the ground, but some of you do. I was a regular advisor/frequenter of the leopard gecko forum for over 3 years. I have owned R. ciliatus for almost 2 years now and studied them for longer. I do not post much advise here for several reasons:

1. Lack of time
2. High stress and busy schedule
3. My high level of emotion in my posts often get me in trouble
4. Experts IMO like Allan Repashy and Garrick Demeyer have been seen posting here, they can give solid advise due to years of husbandry and I will only reply on things I feel confident on replying to, something many others should also consider when posting. People could possibly take your advice as gold....

The #2&3 reason lead to conflicts and the whole mineral oil episode I feel was sort of due to my 'emotional' post. Honestly, I do feel my concerns are valid, however, I could have used a different approach.

What's my point? Um, well I guess what I am trying to say is, I will save my emotions to myself and stick to solid advice. I hope to frequent a bit more often.

PS: If anyone is wondering, Roman, Baby, Bull, Butterfly, Muppet, Glyn, Matisse and Esmie (shown) are all doing well after the move from Ontario to New Jersey. :)

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]