kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Large python cage designs

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Reticulated Python Forum ]

Posted by BrianSmith on April 26, 2003 at 04:13:18:

In Reply to: Which one should I get??? Need your help!!! posted by abstractcypher on April 24, 2003 at 14:52:30:

Notah made a lot of very good points in his post. I too keep my tics in smaller cages until they are quite larger. Up to 6 or 7 feet I keep them in large sweater boxes with a floor space of 3 feet by a foot and a half. From 7 to 10 feet I keep them in 4x2 foot custom built cages. And from 10 foot to 15 feet I use custom made 6.5x3.3 cages. If you have tools and are adept at building things this large python cage design will save you a fortune. The cage is 6 1/2 by 3 1/4 by 18 inches high. It is very strong, easy to build, good looking to look at, and only costs about 60 dollars in materials. If you are interested in my designs just email me and I will forward them to you. The directions are easy to follow and I included a full "materials list" as well as different options for doors.

:Hey guys, I was wondering what kind of Vision Cage I should get for my retic. She's only 6 ft right now, but I want to get her permanent home now, so I dont have to worry about it later. The only problem I'm having is I dont know which one is suitable for a fully grown, female retic. I know they have the "cadilac of cages" one, but is that big enough for her whole life??? And money is not a object. (well, as long as its not ridiculous) I don't want her to be cramped, or uncomfortable, AT ALL. The biggest VisisonCage I saw was 6 ft long, and from what i've learned the length should be atleast half as long as the length of the snake. And if thats the case, then 6 feet won't cut it. I realy need your help here guys. What habitat's do you use? Or have you used for 22ft+ retic's. (I always estimate high, that way i'm prepared) I'm looking to buy sometime this week, so I realy need some advice soon. Thanks alot everyone!

:Raymond

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Reticulated Python Forum ]