kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

new turtle and travelling

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Red Ear Slider Forum ]

Posted by peeloutyourface on April 22, 2003 at 21:40:11:

In Reply to: new turtle and travelling posted by untappedpilot2 on April 22, 2003 at 19:26:43:

i have like a plastic 1/2 gallon tank i used to feed them in. do you think this would be good. i could just put paper towels in it.

:::my boyfriend felt so bad that my turtle died he bought me a new one. this little guy is extremely fiesty and seems really healthy. he even eats the pellets. i'm moving back home for the summer from nyc to atlanta. i'm travelling by car. whats the best way to travel on a long road trip with my turtle? hes a small baby turtle

::

:The best way is to use a turtle sack or box. Just get a cloth sack...like a pillow case. And add some wet paper towels at the bottom and put in the turtle(s).

:Or you can make a box. It's pretty much the same thing but you use a shoe box and put in wet paper towels.

:If it is going to be a very long trip and the towels get dry change the paper towels with fresh wet ones. *Note- With the box you want to have a closed lid but not to tight, loose enough so oxygen can get in.*

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Red Ear Slider Forum ]