kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: tank setup

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Red Ear Slider Forum ]

Posted by maggie on April 18, 2003 at 15:48:54:

In Reply to: Re: tank setup posted by uncg2005 on April 18, 2003 at 14:50:55:

The gravel may make it harder to clean. Plus as your turtle grows it may accidently eat it. I have heard of cases where the digestive system of babies can be impacted with gravel resulting in death. You may want a couple of big smooth river rocks instead...your tank looks pretty good...plenty of swim space and I suggest "jade" as a name for the "nameless one" :)
:To post pics u have to upload them to the photo gallery then it will let you post them in the forum. As far as tank setups go the bigger the tank the more options but when it comes to decorations it comes down to the owner a tank that looks really good is probably a pain to clean. Look at pics in my post below this one. Looks good but does take a lot of time to get everything out of the tank and get all clean. Plus mine is done all with rock so it never looks the same when i set it back up. But plants are something easy to add i just use fake ones for permanent setup. And just put live plants in for food. My turtles like sleeping while balancing on top of the fake plants also. Keep in mind there are lots of owners who have bare tank bottoms, making them a snap to clean. So it's basically your preference

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Red Ear Slider Forum ]