kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: hey lunamoon

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Red Ear Slider Forum ]

Posted by TurtleTom on April 16, 2003 at 13:36:54:

In Reply to: Re: hey lunamoon posted by lunamoon on April 15, 2003 at 23:47:24:

:WOW!!!!! It's beautiful. How many turtles are you keeping in it. Just to give you an idea, we are in the process of building a box made of 2x2's and chicken wire that we are going to put over our pond when we are not around. This will keep the dogs and the wild critters from snagging our turts. The box idea is pretty nifty because we can just lift it off and put it on the side of the house when we are sitting out on the patio. Just an idea. GREAT JOB! You're photos motivated me (and that takes a lot)

:Thanks Ill think about it, theres 5 but only 3 will be out all summer the albino and pastel will only go out when were out there, the regulars will be out when weather permits we have 3 fences 1 to keep the turtles in 2 to keep dogs out 3 to keep all other animals out of the whole yard. I want the turtles to be able to go onto land so I built up rocks for basking and exiting the whole pond for nesitng (next year) I dont think they will even try to get out of the area because they didnt even try to scrape at the sides they just love it. I hope all goes well oh and I dont know if you can see but theres a little brick fence next to it for my 2 leopard tortoises so they can graze too. happy herping!!!
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Red Ear Slider Forum ]