kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Thanks Chris! more...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rear-Fanged Forum ]

Posted by Yasser on April 12, 2003 at 13:29:41:

In Reply to: Re: We've got a gravid Sonoran Lyre and... posted by gila7150 on April 12, 2003 at 07:55:16:

Thanks for the details on the eggs you hatched. I have been waiting to finally get a shot at hatching some of these buggers for several years now. I introduced a pair that I have and never really saw anything I would call breeding activity but hey, she's gravid and won't eat so something's coming. I just hope they're fertile. Do you know how many days it took yours to lay after her prelay shed? We are on day 6 I believe.
The neat thing is the female is a neat silver-blue color with no tan marking...pretty much axanthic like a corn snake would look. Did you get to try to feed the babies or did you send them off before then? I think I need to try and track down a few banded geckos or Sceloporous. I am sure scenting will be a neccesary part of the process.
Any other input you have is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
And thanks to C.H.2 for the other help. I will bug Terry about what he knows.
-Yasser

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rear-Fanged Forum ]