kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

IGNORE THIS POST>>>MESSED UP...lol

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rear-Fanged Forum ]

Posted by Conrad on March 06, 2003 at 22:37:00:

In Reply to: Re: Interesting posted by Conrad on March 06, 2003 at 22:34:48:

:Well an update: The D. dorsalis at the shop has started eating rodents! Whole mice with no scenting at all! I'm gonna snag him for sure. Thanks for the info, I'll do my best not to get a tag from him as I'm not wanting to experience the "worst scenario".
::: So far I've been working with him at the shop and I've gotten to get him to take blue anoles.

::That's encouraging.

::: I'm just wondering how closely related he is to either Drymobius or Leptophis, and if they have any sort of rear-fanged tendancies.

:Yeah, I've got a pair of L. ahaetulla. I've had them a little over a year. My female was really thin when I got her, but she's eaten well since I've got her and has gotten her weight back. My male on the other hand, just started eating a little over a month ago, and now eats like a horse on anoles. I've even had some luck with getting them to take scented rat pups.

:Well, I will definately staying here for my "odd-ball" questions, as this is the only place where I can get answers. You've been a lot of help and a good source of info for me. If you find anything else could you e-mail it to me?

:The search for off-the-wall species continues...next step, Rufous beaked snake! I'll keep you updated. Thanks.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rear-Fanged Forum ]