kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Live birth...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rear-Fanged Forum ]

Posted by Nicolai on October 25, 2002 at 02:55:51:

In Reply to: Re: Holy crap! Read this and help! posted by Daniel J on October 16, 2002 at 10:31:48:

Hi. I Have had 2 females that has given birth to respectivly 10 and 5 newborns so I can testfy that A. prasina does not lay eggs.
Best regards
Nicolai

:I'm not 100% on this, but I faintly remember that Henry, I think it was Henry who's one here every now and then, got a female that was pregnant and it had live birth. If that's the case, then it eliminates that it was a snake egg.

::I know this is a long shot, but could the snake have eaten an egg either laid by one their anoles or by another one of the snakes (I'm just assuming they are being kept together). I doubt this species would consume the eggs of its friends or even its own, but it's a thought.... I know for a fact that there is no snake that reproduces by laying eggs out of their digestive system (it would be impossible to pass the egg through the stomach without digesting it). Interesting situation though...I'm sure many other people would be interested to see exatly what this thing is. Put it into a bag and freeze it, that way it won't go bad before you can take it and the snake to a vet and have it checked out. I once had a juvie atrox that regurgitated a mouse and upon first seeing it it looked very much like an egg, though I thought well impossible because they can't do that, he was a he and too young, and besides, N.A. pit vipers don't lay eggs...lol. Anyway, post a pic and let us know.

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rear-Fanged Forum ]