kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Valuable input-thanks

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rear-Fanged Forum ]

Posted by Jeff Nichols on July 11, 2002 at 10:09:18:

In Reply to: Re: Welx-- Had to say it for peace of mind, and... posted by Francis on July 10, 2002 at 20:27:21:

: Actually, I don't think it's that atypical as you might think. My mangrove(about the same size as Chance's) behaves very much the same manner.

: Surprising as it might be to you, my friends' mangroves behaves in the same manner as have others. I won't come out and say that they are all like kittens because, like humans, their responses can be individualistic and therefore unpredictable.

: Having said that, I believe that their so-called aggresive reputation is unwarranted. IMHO, compared to a radiated ratsnake(elaphe radiata), this is a real pussy cat.

: If the person wishes to err on the side of caution, it's his/her choice. But having personally known individuals who have been bitten and came out none the worse, I'll take my chances. Not an endorsement, mind you, but an exercise of my free choice and calculated risk.

: Cheers!
: Francis

Fortunately I'm close enough to reputable dealers to be able to interact with the animal before making a decision. Obviously there are individualities that need to be considered in addition to toxicity (and of course the spousal units objections). Snippy is one thing, snippy AND hot is another.

Stay safe,
Jeff Nichols

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rear-Fanged Forum ]