kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Thanks guys.. Looked again, still MIA.. n/p

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rat Snake Forum ]

Posted by Kestrel on April 29, 2003 at 15:35:39:

In Reply to: Lost albino beauty snake.... posted by Kestrel on April 28, 2003 at 16:00:04:

:Just publicly admitting and possibly sending on a lesson to others.. Do not handle your valuable and treasured herps in large areas...

:Last night, an aquaintence of mine who I haven't seen in a while came by, and I figured he'd appreciate seeing my new albino beauty snake.. So i go upstairs, get it, and bring it back downstairs into my living room, and sit down on the couch next to the person to show him. Well i had a bottle in my other hand, and felt the snake slipping out of my right hand, so i toss down the bottle as quickly as possible to grab the snake with my other hand.. Just in time to see it disappear into the back of the couch.. I jump up, toss the couch cushions off in a blink of an eye, but the snake is gone. This couch has already been cut to peices due to a friend letting an 8ft retic get inside of it, so i crawl inside the couch with a flashlight, and look over every square inch.. It had totally disappeared.. No trace of it.. My new treasured little 18" albino beauty snake is gone, somewhere in the lower level of my house. Where it could get stepped on, crushed, eaten by my cats, or get into a pipe or heat vent never to be seen again... Needless to say i'm more then depressed and upset, and feeling increadibly stupid for letting that happen... Moral of this story, bring the friend to the herp room, do not bring the herp to the person room...

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rat Snake Forum ]