kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Hi Tattoo. I keep a pair . .>

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rat Snake Forum ]

Posted by terryp on April 27, 2003 at 18:21:43:

In Reply to: Tiger Rat snake posted by tattoo on April 27, 2003 at 16:30:14:

of Tiger rat snakes and they are doing great and are kept similar in temp as my yellow rat snakes. My male is a captive bred from Guyana bloodline and the female is a w/c from Honduras. I need to keep my tigers up higher than everyone else. They seem to do better being over everything. There are others who have them in modular enclosure who say they do fine there, but mine never went for it. I keep mine in a 5' high X 4 1/2' wide X 2' deep enclosure. The enclosure has wire mesh on three sides and the back is peg board. Neither of the tigers have rubbed on the mesh at all. They don't even seem to try and push on it or touch it. I've bee amazed they don't seem to try and push around like other snakes trying to get out. Tiger rat snakes seem to do better in airy type enclosures. My enclosure sits on top of one of my modular units so that the top of the Tiger enclosure is about 6 inches from the ceiling. Mine like plenty of branches inside. I have the sterile fake ones you can get at pet stores. I'll try and post a pic later. They are a great display snake. Mine are 7 and 6 feet and look pretty awesome up on the branches near the ceilibng of my place. I house the male and female together, but I may separate them in the future. They've been together since I got the female and put her in with the male after her quarantine. That was about 10 months ago. Alot of the tiger rat snake keepers hang out on the Indigo forum so I would suggest you post your question there also. Good luck. I love my tiger rat snakes.

:Hello,
: I am trying to find out info on a tiger rat snake. I have a king snake and 2 boas. I would like to add an aboreal snake. I am having difficulty finding info on this particular species. I am interested in temps and the disposition. Are the temps the same as a general yellow rat snake. Thanks

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rat Snake Forum ]