kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Travis - I really enjoyed that pic show you posted . . . >

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rat Snake Forum ]

Posted by TravisG on April 21, 2003 at 17:53:39:

In Reply to: Travis - I really enjoyed that pic show you posted . . . > posted by terryp on April 21, 2003 at 16:55:33:

Thanks Terry, I'll try and get some of the ones I missed sometime soon. I read your post below, I am excited and hope they produce. Yeah, I hope to get some diones in a trade this year, thought they would be interesting:)

:awhile back of some of your North American rat snakes. One of the nicest North American rat snake collections I've seen. I gave you an update on the catenifers in a respnse to your post below. You're getting diones? LOL. Great choice if you're getting Asians. I really like mine.

:: Well I was born into snakes (father had em) so I am not sure what my "first" snake was. The first snake that I actually claimed as "mine" was a western hognose which I bought from the East Bay Vivarium when we were living in Ca, this was about 1985, am I really getting this old? I think I have had just about ever type of snake, minus hots, from asian rats, boas, pythons, hognose, pituophis, NA rats, garters, racers, kingsnakes. Through all these my favorites have become the North American ratsnakes, which comprise about 99% of my 75 some odd snakes, I still lack baja rats and green rats (triapsis sp?). I do have a few odd balls in there, ok two:) which are a deppei jani and a cali king, hoping to get some cantenifers and some diones this year.
:: Well that was kind of long winded, and yes they are getting expensive, going to be starting a mice breeding program at the end of the summer.

::
:::I realize that this is a ratsnake forum, but who else here has passions for other species? Lately Asian elaphe and cornsnakes have completely taken my interest, more-so then in the past, but I also keep some other animals that I love. My scrub python for instance. Scrub pythons are GREAT animals to work with. And all other morelia really. They were what got me into seriously maintaining a large collection. My first snake other then garters and corns was a tiny hatchling Irian Jaya carpet(who is till have). I've been slowly selling off my extras to get my collection back down to a maintainable size, but still have my most loved pets and some of the things i'm most interested.. Given I personally am in the hobby for my true love of reptiles as pets, not so much as to breed for money. All my herps are really pets and nothing more... I also personally plan on getting into a few hot species in the future. Its too bad they're illegal in the county i currently reside in... So what all does everyone here keep other then ratsnakes?

:::Currently I have..
:::1.0 Cave beauty
:::1.2 Taiwan beauties
:::0.0.1 Chinese beauty
:::1.0 Blue beauty
:::2.3 Cornsnakes
:::1.0 Reticulated Python
:::1.0 Albino Burmese Python
:::1.0 Southern Scrub Python
:::1.0 Irian Jaya Carpet Python
:::0.1 Jungle carpet Python
:::1.0 Macklots Python
:::1.0 Redtail Boa
:::0.0.1 Nile Monitor
:::3.5 Leopard Geckos

:::AND.. On the way Are..
:::0.1 T+ albino and 2.1 het albino Chinese Beauty yearlings ;)

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rat Snake Forum ]