kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Were to find rat snakes in the wild?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rat Snake Forum ]

Posted by boaboy13 on April 05, 2003 at 17:09:48:

Hey all, I live on a farm in the middle of no were in the bluegrass/knobs reagon of kentucky. And last year I cought around 100 queen snakes and garter snakes, and only 3 milk snakes, and about 3 rat snakes. And about 7 northern water snakes. But am I looking in the roung places? Most of our farm (50 ac) is wooded, and about 20-25 ac are fealds we dont mow. I have been looking under barn roofing that I have put down on alot of places, and in side and under logs, fallen trees, in trees, and on the ground. I spend alot of time when ever I have it and go herping. But we also know a lot of farmers around us, and they let me go on there land to. But on spot I go alot is a really steap wooded hill going down to the creak, no one every go's down to it, and seems like the best place for any snake, there tuns of out hanging rock, small watter falls, and alot of logs. But I have ever let to find any thing but bees down there, and I cought a baby milk snake swimming one time when I was canoing. Well if you all have any advice it would help alot!
Well thanks,
Philip

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rat Snake Forum ]