kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Water Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - May 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Looks just like mine! I wonder why?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rat Snake Forum ]

Posted by Dwight Good on January 18, 2003 at 09:42:23:

In Reply to: Looks just like mine! I wonder why? posted by patricia sherman on January 18, 2003 at 05:30:35:

:The babies are doing great, Dwight, and colouring up beautifully. I'm very happy.

Tricia,
Glad to hear it! How are the rest of the snakes doing?

:Is Strain #1 T+ or T-? I'm guessing that Strain #2 is the opposite of Strain #1?

I think you are probably right, but this is a fairly new project for me. I do know that the founders of this line were both albinos, but when bred together produced only normals. So far I haven't bred these animals into my line. But I am guessing that they will not be compatible based on looks of the babies. This is a project in the works, I'll be acquiring more offspring to work with this coming season. It should be alot of fun 'uncombining' the two forms of albinism that have been crossed together. I hope to develop separate lines of each in several years, lol.

:Your albino black rat doesn't look anything like mine. I'm guessing on this too, but I think that your albino blacks and mine are of opposite tyrosinase genotype.

Well to be honest I have quite a few albino black rats, hehe. They are quite variable as both babies and adults. Hard to say for sure when it comes to t+ or t- since it is impossible to tell by looks alone.

Later,
dg

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rat Snake Forum ]