kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: COACHWHIP CARE

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Racer and Coachwhip Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt on April 08, 2001 at 02:12:56:

In Reply to: COACHWHIP CARE posted by kyle on April 05, 2001 at 23:37:10:

: i need some basic info on the coachwhip... like what it feeds on.. tank size..temperature... humidity... and temperment of the snake...basin info like that.... thnx alot in advance...later...KYLE

Well, of course the cage should be somewhat reflective of the size of the animal. For a 3-5 footer, I would recommend something at least 2x4.
I would keep humidity very low, but they can adapt well to higher.
I would use a smaller water bowl, or a very heavy one, being very large and active they can over turn many water bowls ane make a nasty mess.
Plus they dont drink much standing water
I would provide lots of cover and good basking light (full spectrum as well as a spot lamp are great) they are very alert active animals, you will want to put them somewhere where they will not be stressed out by excessive activity in the room. At least at first, after awhile they can become very curious. I had some that would come to the cage door to see what you were doing if you opened it (not agressively, more feeding response) but that was after several years in a living area of a house. I hope to find some later this week when I go on a photo hunt.

hope this helps.

matt

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Racer and Coachwhip Forum ] [ FAQ ]