kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Whereabout's u from Christy?....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Racer and Coachwhip Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Vanan on March 29, 2001 at 15:45:17:

In Reply to: Re: Incubating racer eggs...please help! posted by Christy on March 29, 2001 at 13:34:09:

Would u be interested in parting with some when they're born? E-mail me.
Hee hee. Yea I know servermaster, the classifieds...just checkin.
Vanan

: Hi Matt,
: Thank you so much! I just got the snakes a few hours ago and they are beautiful! Once again, thanks for the help, hopefully in a few months there will be some baby racers slithering around!:) Thanks again

:
: : What would probably be the easiest thing to do, would be pick up a "hova bator" at a feed or reptile supply store (they are usually around 30 dollars) and purchase some vermiculite (coarse, or medium, not that extra fine stuff). You will need some type of digital thermometer, preferably with some type of indoor/outdoor feature so you can put it on the outside and put the probe on the inside. The hova bators use a simple wafer thermostat that requires a little adjusting, so have the incubator ready and calibrated several days before you expect the eggs (if you have an idea when they are due) I recommend filling a small tray or plastic shoe/sweater box about 3/4 of vermiculite and mixing just enough water to make it clump when you squeeze it. Try to set the temperature to around 80.5/81 to leave a small margin of error and wait for your eggs.
: : If you dont know already, dont try to seperate the eggs, place them in the incubation medium as closely as possible to the position which they were deposited by the female.

: : Hope this helps

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Racer and Coachwhip Forum ] [ FAQ ]