return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Turtle . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

How about work gloves,and a long-sleeve heavy denim shirt?Surely then the little teeth wouln't be more than a briar scratch?I got a 6' Gray rat I caught wild,and handle all the time,but he's not a racer!I have had my finger latched onto by a big broadhead skink...np

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Racer and Coachwhip Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jean Lobel on February 10, 2000 at 15:36:01:

In Reply to: Re: I can find them,I can't catch em!!!!!np posted by DHotle on February 10, 2000 at 14:03:52:

: Most racers can be located in the open brushy areas. Usually they are seen coiled and alert in the sun. Another great place to locate them is by road-running in the early evening. Usually they can be found crossing the roads. They are indeed hard to catch, you literally have to jump on them as soon as you spot em. And you'll rarely catch em if you are worried about getting bit, once again you gotta snatch em when you can. Also, racers have a habit of shooting through the brush and dissapearing. Stop and listen when the go out of site, if you dont hear them moving through the leaves, look for the nearest fallen log, bush, or other cover. Chances are that is where they are hiding.

:
: : : I love these guys but I have trouble finding then even though they are so plentifull. Anyone have any suggestions. what am I doing wrong?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Racer and Coachwhip Forum ] [ FAQ ]