kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

BE CAREFULL!!!!!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Racer and Coachwhip Forum ]

Posted by jagomez64 on January 05, 2003 at 20:26:42:

In Reply to: Re: Sources??? posted by Annie-TortAid on January 05, 2003 at 15:32:34:

I own a western coachwhip and he is very very calm and cool ,when it comes to hots i dont reccommend using another herp as the only source to give yourself a stamp of IM ready to deal with hots,hook up with someone whos been there and done that,read ,get the proper tools of the trade and most of all dont cut any corners and take any and every precaution,safety is always # 1 -countless profesional herpetologist get bitten every year not to mention hobbyist.. I'm not trying to get down on you man but take it from me Ive been at this since I was 8 IM now thirtyeight and have been bitten twice ,once for plain stupidity and the second for ignorance and lack of experience- that stunt cost me half of my left thumb and 20 grand in medical bills, so please dont ever free hand these animals,would it relly be worth it and take evey possible measure to BE SAFE NOT SORRY LIKE ME-sincerely out of concern for my fellow herp bros.-jorge another herp as a way toI think purchasing CB snakes from ppl who are breeding is going to be your best bet. I don't collect from the wild...in fact I have a red (Mojave) racer here that I am getting on it's feet for Spring release. If you want a snake that is fast to strike...a Mojave Coachwhip is no joke, they are VERY quick.

::Hello,

::I'm trying to figure out how to obtain racers and/or coachwhips.

::I've heard these are a good to test to see if you can handle venomous species. Currently I just have a variety of boids including a large Burm. I may be getting a Retic this year and would think that some experience with a small active snake might help round out my experience before taking on a large active snake.

::I really like the Blue Racers and understand their range includes part of Ohio but I've never had much luck field collecting.

::Thanks,
::Matt

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Racer and Coachwhip Forum ]