kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Mine are total "lap" snakes as well! more

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Python Forum ]

Posted by BillyBoy on May 02, 2003 at 07:20:23:

In Reply to: Sumatran Blood Observations posted by Jaymz on May 01, 2003 at 17:59:07:

Both of my sumatran reds are happy to just hang out in my lap when out of their cage. They really don't have much inclination to explore like my ball or boas. I really love em!

:malaysian and sumatran red bloods are seperated by an ocean...sumatran red bloods are seperated from sumatran short tails by a mountian range....youd think that things like that would be effective barriers...but wild blood x short tail hybrids have been recorded multiple times in various localities. and they often pull bloods from malaysia and sumatra that you would swear are the opposite locality. but, what would make me think its a sumatran blood over a malaysian is that sumatrans are farmed/collected much more commonly than malaysian animals. chances are your baby came from a farmed female, she was found gravid...held till she laid and either skinned or released. its actually a great way to fuel the pet hobby with baby bloods, and its low impact and the largest producer of farmed bloods in sumatra releases the babies he cant legally export. either way, its a calm blood and thats a great thing, my blood and i sit and "watch" tv together or surf the web, shes the only snake i have that sits still when shes out of her cage...gotta love bloods

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Python Forum ]