kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

I actually have have a Nikon Coolpix 3100...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Photography Forum ]

Posted by wetceal on April 15, 2003 at 00:57:48:

In Reply to: Anyone Use a Nikon Coolpix 3100.......(more) posted by OneTwoManyHerps on April 14, 2003 at 11:49:40:

I just got this camera about two to three weeks ago. Besides the Nikon CP3100, I also have a Nikon D100 which I generally use for most of my high end stuff. I got the CP3100 because I wanted something that was light and small that I could carry around with me easier than my D100.

The CP3100 is a good camera in my opinion but like what was mentioned already, it really depends on what you are looking for in a digital camera. I like it but I purchased it knowing what I wanted which was basically just something small. I would have waited for the Nikon SQ because I really like the swiveling lens feature many of the Nikons have (CP900 series and the CP4500). When the SQ comes out, I may sell my 3100 and get that one.

I like how light and easy to handle the camera is. Another thing I like about it is the flash. I think the flash on the camera works well and doesn't give a too "washed out" look. It also has an okay zoom. One of my biggest pet peeves with the camera however is how slow it is. It takes a while for the picture to save and for you to be able to take another picture. It may be that I'm just used to how fast I can go with my D100 but it does take several seconds for the photos to be saved before you are able to take another photo. It also drains batteries like crazy so rechargeable batteries are a must.

Overall though, I feel that the CP3100 gets the job done and is a good little camera for what I want it for. I have a few pictures that I took with this camera that I'm posting so hopefully they'll give you an idea of what this camera can do. Keep in mind that the reptile photos are just pictures that I snapped in a rush.

Feel free to email me if you have any other questions about the camera and I'll try to answer them!

Celia

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Photography Forum ]