kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Here is a suggestion....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Photography Forum ]

Posted by chrish on April 14, 2003 at 13:06:24:

In Reply to: Anyone Use a Nikon Coolpix 3100.......(more) posted by OneTwoManyHerps on April 14, 2003 at 11:49:40:

:I was looking to buy a Nikon Coolpix 3100, does anyone use this camera and does it take good pics? If so could I get an example befor purchasing?

Try typing "Nikon 3100 reviews" into Google or another search engine. You will get several hits for reviews of this camera by professional photographers and reviewers who know what to look for. You will also see useful comparison pics from different modes of the camera.

The problem with posting your question in such a way here is that you will get two types of replies -

"I have this camera and I think it is great" or "I dont have the 3100, but I have the XXXX and it has been great"

or the typical posting of a not so great pic with the statement "look how close I could get to my ig with this camera".

Figure out what you want to do with a camera, learn what the camera must have for you to be able to do those things, and then research which cameras in your price range have those features.

Good photographers take good pictures, not good cameras. I have seen outstanding pics taken with 30 year old manual SLRs worth less than $100 and lousy pics taken with $3000 Nikon digitals.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Photography Forum ]