kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

A couple of links in the "for what it's worth" catagory

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Photography Forum ]

Posted by Bill Moss on February 11, 2003 at 07:06:39:

In Reply to: Re: Where to shop?.. posted by sbogill on February 10, 2003 at 22:53:51:

Here are a couple of links to photographs of some of the store fronts that commonly come up in lists of low price dealers. As I said in the title, take it for what it's worth. Personally, I found it "interesting".

http://www.panix.com/~donwiss/pictures/BrooklynStores

http://www.panix.com/~donwiss/pictures/ManhattanStores

As for B&H being the cheapest - no, they're not. When I bought my D100 and $1999, I found store on the web that were selling them for less, down to around $1850 or so. Upon further investigation, I found that some were gray market, some where striped down out of the box (no battery charger for example) and some had shipping charges of up around $65. I also looked at the photos that are linked here and decided to go with a company that I knew I could trust (BTW the shipping was free). I actually feel a little guilt about not supporting my local economy by purchasing locally but not paying a couple hundred in sales tax eased my burden some ;).

In the end, you have to do what's right for you - just do your homework on anything that seems too good.

Bill

:I HIGHLY recommend B&H Photo and Video or Adorama Photo - both out of New York. Their web sites are www.bhphotovideo.com and www.adorama.com.

:Wow, B & H is one of the highest priced outletts on the web for film cameras and accessories. Do have have reasonable prices on digital gear?

:I searched out some URLs by searching the archives for this group and found the site: www.dcresource.com which lead me to a number of dealers. Thanks for the reply and I'll go out and surf on B & H's site and check out their digital offerings.

:Thanks,

:John

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Photography Forum ]